Cooperative Education and Transport Operations Seminar (CETOS)
It is a primary and continuing educational course requirement for new and old members of transport service cooperatives (TSCs) designed to provide basic orientation and appreciation on how TSCs should function/operate as business enterprises and service providers. It also highlights the significance of the members’ participation/involvement as key playing tool in realizing the cooperative’s socio-economic objectives.
Duration: 8 hours
- Rule 5, No. 5 of Section 6, Rules and Regulations Implementing the Special Provisions of the Philippine Cooperative Code of 2008 (Republic Act No. 9520)
- OTC Administrative Order No. 2000-001
- Explain the basics of transportation service cooperatives concepts and practices
- Identify the legal underpinnings of cooperatives and transport service operations
At the end of the Seminar, the members will able to understand the operation of a transport service cooperative and appreciate membership participation in the TSC affairs.
Distinguish roles, responsibilities the rights and privileges of a member.
How to Avail?
- For OTC Initiated Activity
OTC is regularly conducting scheduled CETOS activities every Thursday at its Conference Room, 2nd floor, 1184 Ben-Lor Building, Quezon avenue, Quezon City. Interested TSCs may inquire/confirm attendees/participants by contacting the Operations Division at contact number 332-9312. Look for Ms. Emma M. Tagadtad or Mr. Darwin M. Tan.
- For TSC Initiative
TSC may also request for the conduct of CETOS in their area by submitting a request-letter addressed to the Office of the Chairman stating therein the proposed date of activity, venue details, number of attendees (minimum of 30, maximum of 50) and request for OTC speaker. Letter-request should be submitted least 15 days before the proposed date of the seminar.