The Office of Transportation Cooperatives (OTC) recognizes its obligation under Republic Act 10173, otherwise know as the Data Privacy Act of 2012. Specifically, the data it collects, records, organizes, update, use consolidate, or destruct from Transport Cooperatives: their members, officers, personnel, and the cooperative itself.
The personal data collected is entered and stored in the OTC authorized information and communications system and shall be accessed by its authorized personnel. It has instituted appropriate organizational, technical, and physical security measures to ensure the protection of its personnel and client’s personal data.
The information collected and stored in OTC’s system shall only be used for the following purposes:
- Transport Cooperative Development;
- Data analysis for policy and program creation and implementation;
- Documentation and Reporting to other government agencies as required;
- Review of existing policies and programs;
- In compliance with its mandate as stated under Executive Order 898, as amended; and
- Authorized request from third parties.